Quad provides a global source of sulfur via vessel. Quad markets both virgin high quality sulfuric acid and a variety of by-product sulfuric acid materials. Principal uses include ore processing, fertilizer manufacturing, oil refining, wastewater processing, and chemical synthesis. Many proteins are made of sulfur-containing amino acids.
Oleum is made in various strengths and consists of SO3 dissolved in 100% H2SO4. Thus, for example, 20% oleum contains 20% SO3 and 80% H2SO4 by weight. Oleum is used in the manufacture of many explosives where oleum is blended in aqueous form nitric acid to produce a mixed acid or NGMA. Mixed acids are also used to produce poly-phenylene terephthalamide.
- Recovered Sulfuric – 70%, 72%, 74% and 93%
- Smelter Sulfuric – 93% to 98%
- Sulfur Burned Sulfuric – 93% – 99%
- Sulfur – Molten, Granular and Prill
- Oleum Sulfuric Acid (Fuming) – Oleum 20